Sunday, September 9, 2012

ARC review of Empty Net by Toni Aleo

Goodreads Summary:
Definition of an Empty Net: When a team pulls the goalie for an extra attacker, desperately seeking a goal.

Audrey Parker was in a horrible place.
She hated her job, her sister was getting married and moving out, but worst of all, she was in love with a total jerk. No matter what she did, every guy she met hurt her. All she wanted was her happily ever after. Her Prince Charming. Her Lucas Brooks! She didn’t know how to change her life but she knew she needed too.
Feeling like she was about to hit rock bottom, Audrey wakes up next to Tate Odder.

Tate Odder had lost everything.
After being brought up from the Assassins’ farm team, the Florida Rays to the Nashville Assassins, Tate hopes he’ll forget everything he has lost. He doesn’t. Each day gets harder to live in a place he doesn’t know. Even being the first rookie goalie to shut out an opposing team three times during the Lord Stanley Cup Finals, he still felt empty. With the loss of his parents and sister still heavy on his heart, Tate isn’t sure how to live like everything is okay.

But when he wakes up beside Audrey Parker, things start to change. She turns his life upside down with her kooky sense of humor and her bright clothing. She is intelligent and beautiful, and for once, he doesn’t feel empty.
Will Audrey be the person to fill the holes in Tate’s heart, making him whole again?
Or will another player ruin everything, leaving him feeling forever like an empty net?

My Review:
I was super lucky to get an ARC of Empty Net. I waited until I was on my vacation to start reading it because I knew that once I started I wouldn’t be able to stop! I was right! I read it in 2 days and was up into the wee hours of the night to finish it. I. Could. Not. Stop. I was really excited to get to see Audrey’s story! With all the craziness between her and Levi I had to know what happened. Empty Net was a rollercoaster of emotions. I went from giggling to crying to being so touched that I had to stop reading! My heart ached for Audrey. She kind of got screwed. Having to deal with Fallon’s wedding to the perfect man and not having a good relationship herself. I think all women can relate to her protecting her heart and worrying about being hurt again.  I really connected with Audrey. She was such an awesome character as were all of my favorites who made appearances. I LOVED the mentions of Temple Run and Storage Wars! I have Temple Run competitions with my husband and we watch the shows mentioned in the book! It just made the connection with the characters much more. 

Down to the lovey men in the story! Lucas was amazing as usual! I hate Levi. I wanted to punch is sorry face in for most of the story. He’s just a nasty piece of crap! I was like “Audrey don’t text him back! Don’t call him!! NOOOO!!!” I guess I didn’t like him in book 2 either. Now on to my newest fantasy mad TATE! Holy crap on a cracker is he delicious! Men with an accent are like sex on a stick! I wanted them to get together so bad!! Every time they would flirt I was melting! They were absolutely adorable when they were together. I loved the scenes where Tate was in the net too. I miss hockey and it’s nice to have that kind of action mixed in. And from a Goalie’s perspective is completely unique to any other player. Men like Tate Odder are one of a kind. Will Audrey be able to look past her insecurities and finally be happy?? Read it people!!!

They both have secrets however, that could tear them apart. Are they willing to look past the age difference and the secrets??? I will not tell! You have to read the book! You will not be disappointed! I am so excited to see what happens with Blue Lines. Piper’s story should prove to be very interesting! Empty Net ended and I was like “Noooooo!” I need to know what is going to happen. I feel like I have become very invested with these characters and am hooked, which basically means I will read anything Toni Aleo writes. Well done! Amazing book! I only go as high as 5 stars on my blog but, I would give it 10 if I could!


No comments:

Post a Comment