Sunday, September 2, 2012

ARC review of Collide by H.M. Ward

Goodreads Summary:
Mari was assigned to run lines with Trystan after school--it's a job any other girl would have died to get--but Mari doesn't want to be like everyone else. And although Trystan is unbelievably beautiful, she isn't interested in him. Mari thinks a kiss should mean something and Trystan gives them away like jellybeans.

When Mari accidentally overhears that Trystan is in love, she can't believe it. He's pining over some girl that doesn't know he's alive. The confident swagger and endless stream of girls is a facade. Mari keeps his secret, but she learns quickly about an even bigger secret to keep.

My Review:
Collide is a novella that follows Mari and Trystan's story.  I was so surprised by Collide. I read this novella in about three hours. I was sucked in quickly and devoured it. It isn't your typical young hot man meets girl and they are instantly infatuated and sex crazed. Mari and Trystan have been friends for a couple years. Mari helping Trystan run lines for a play. Trystan seems like your typical hot guy but, he has a few big secrets.

 The novella switches back and forth between Mari and Trystan's point of view, which I love. You really get to see what each of them is thinking in the situations. Mari and Trystan both put up a strong front but, inside are broken. They have had a rough past. Trystan especially, I felt so bad for him. My heart ached for him. Mari was a lot like me in high school. A shy girl who believes in love. I completely agree on her point of view about kissing. They both have secrets and issues in their lives. Can they be over come? Will love win?

I really enjoyed Trystan and Mari. Their best friends I wanted to just slap. I was like, "don't listen to them!!!" Seth seems to me like the more typical version of high school senior. A hormone crazed guy if you will. In his own twisted way he was looking out for his friend the same way Katie did for Mari. In more of a guy way.

H.M. Ward keeps knocking them out of the park. The way Collide ends will leave you begging for more! I have to know what's going to happen with these two. It was so well written. You will enjoy this if you are a fan of H.M. Ward and I would highly recommend it. Collide will be out in paperback later this week. The next volume is due out around October 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment