Saturday, September 22, 2012

Beyond ARC review by Mary Ting

Goodreads Summary:
Torn between the past she can't remember and a future she isn’t ready for, Claudia feels at a loss. With unanswered questions, she is certain there is more to her past than just being a venator. Finding the missing pieces in her life won’t be easy because duty calls. When mysterious dark shadows get released, an apocalypse sets in motion. The venators and the alkins must work together once again. Knowing Claudia would be the key to destroying the demons that were released, a familiar stranger appears to protect her. Drawn to the beautiful angel, Claudia finds she must unravel the mysteries of her past in order to help save the world. Who is the angel assisting her and why does she feel a strong connection to him? Time is running out. Will she discover all the secrets before it’s too late?

My Review:

I have been a huge fan of Mary Ting’s Crossroads series since I read the first one! They are great books and are written so well. I was so lucky to get an ARC to review. Literally I Eeeeeped out loud like a little kid. Beyond did not disappoint. The story was full of action and romance! Beyond picked up where Between left off. Claudia is to start her training with Austin. With no memory of her past or who Michael is. She feels like something is missing from her life. It’s as if she knows part of her is missing. You may want to have some Kleenex ready for this one. It will take you on am emotional whirlwind. I found myself getting pretty emotional during this read. It is hard to read the Crossroads series and not love the characters. Oh yea, and there are vampires in this one! Not very much, it’s not turning into a brooding vampire book, just enough to help the storyline. During her training Claudia has become a pretty good fighter. Michael doesn’t really like this because it puts her in danger….frequently. I loved how Michael shows up at random. He is basically begging Claudia to remember him. The love story is so sweet and beautiful.

For the other characters! Michael is obviously amazing. He cares so much for Claudia that he risks his life and her remember just because he needs to be around her and know she is ok. The perfect gentleman! I wouldn’t mind if he wrapped me in his wings! I always was on team Michael. Austin kind of broke my heart. I never thought I would say this because I didn’t like how he tried to get with Claudia even with Michael around. His story is actually sad. Unrequited love is probably one of the hardest emotions to face. To see the one you love, loving someone else. So he grew on me throughout this book. Davin is still awesome! I love how he tries to talk all cool. It’s super funny! All the angel gang is back and great. I like how they had a plan to get Claudia’s memory back. Amazing characters!

I finished this book with this look on my face O_O Mostly because of the ending. I will not tell you what happens but, it makes Davin faint. I immediately messaged Mary Ting in hopes that there will be a book 4 because I don’t want to give these characters up. Soooo YES there is going to be a book 4!!! It’ won’t be out for a while but, I am satisfied that there will be more! I love this series and Mary Ting is awesome and so involved with her fans on facebook and twitter. It’s nice to see. I can’t wait for the fourth book! If you haven’t read this series yet you have to!!!! Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment