Saturday, September 8, 2012

Arcadia's Gift by Jesi Lea Ryan

Goodreads Summary:

Most people who experience death don’t live to tell about it.

When sixteen year old Arcadia “Cady” Day wakes in a hospital after experiencing what can only be called a psychic episode, she finds her family in tatters. With her twin sister gone, her dad moved out, her mom’s spiraling depression and her sister’s boyfriend, Cane, barely able to look at her, the only bright spot in her life is Bryan Sullivan, the new guy in school. When Bryan’s around, Cady can almost pretend she’s a regular girl, living a regular life; when he’s not, she’s wracked with wild, inexplicable mood swings. As her home life crumbles and her emotional control slips away, Cady begins to suspect that her first psychic episode was just the beginning…

My Review:
I was super lucky to be asked to read and review Arcadia's Gift for my blog by the author. Once I started reading this book I couldn't stop. I literally read it in a day. The prologue was very intense and drew me in instantly. I wasn't sure what to expect after that! Arcadia (Cady) and her sister Avalon (Lony) are identical twins but, very very different people. Cady an academic and Lony the cheerleader. Everything changes after the death of Lony. Sadly Cady had front row seats to the accident. Then everything changes. Her family is falling apart and Cady has a very hard time dealing. Going back to school was really hard too. Bryan is like the light in the dark for Cady. He helps her get through the day. Things start to get weird after Cady goes back to school. Her emotions are all over the place. One day her neighbor Jinx approaches her and her life after that will never be the same. I loved the paranormal aspect. The story flowed so well. I never felt like the book as jumping around to different things. It was well written. 

Bryan isn't your typical un-flawed "god like" hotty that girls swoon over. Which I love. He is your average good looking guy that has a heart of gold. To Cady he is the best thing that she could have wished for. It was not your typical teen angst relationship. In fact the whole book didn't have that feeling at all. Cane's story went in an interesting direction to. I have a feeling things his story is just beginning. 

This was the first book in a planned trilogy and I am so glad of that!! As soon as I finished I the author to ask if there would be more books. I had to know! The story ended in such a way that I was hoping there would be more to the story! I'm glad there will be more and I intend on reading them. I would highly recommend this book!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely review! I started writing Arcadia's Curse today. :)

    ~Jesi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Good luck with the writing! I will keep my eye out for release info :)

      Delete