Monday, September 24, 2012

Down to You by M. Leighton

Goodreads Summary:

Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance- Please be advised that this book is NOT YA friendly, not even in a New Adult category! 

The scorching tale of one girl, two brothers and a love triangle…that’s not.

Olivia Townsend is nothing special. She’s just a girl working her way through college so she can return home to help her father run his business. She’s determined not to be the second woman in his life to abandon him, even if it means putting her own life on hold. To Olivia, it’s clear what she must do. Plain and simple. Black and white.

But clear becomes complicated when she meets Cash and Nash Davenport. They’re brothers. Twins.
Cash is everything she’s always wanted in a guy. He’s a dangerous, sexy bad boy who wants her in his bed at any cost. He turns her insides to mush and, with just one kiss, makes her forget why he’s no good for her.

Nash is everything she’s ever needed in a guy. He’s successful, responsible and intensely passionate. But he’s taken. Very taken, by none other than Marissa, Liv’s rich, beautiful cousin. That doesn’t stop Olivia from melting every time he looks at her, though. With just one touch, he makes her forget why they can never be together.

Black and white turns to shades of gray when Olivia discovers the boys are hiding something, something that should make her run as far and as fast as she can. But it’s too late to run. Olivia’s already involved. And in love. With both of them.

Both brothers make her heart tremble. Both brothers set her body on fire. 

She wants them both.

And they want her.

How will she ever choose between them?

My Review:

Alright readers you are going to have to hunker down when you are going to read this book. Because once you start, stopping is going to be an issue. You can add Cash and Nash to your list of book boyfriends! If you are worried about the love triangle you can just stop right now! It’s not your typical love triangle, you will love it! I’m not the biggest fan of them either but, it worked here….very well! I was quickly drawn into Olivia’s life. Especially after the crazy way she meets Cash! Mistaking people for strippers and taking their clothes off is always a great first impression! I didn’t feel like she was rushed into a relationship with either of them at all. Oh, and there is some suuuuper steamy romance scenes!! Can’t forget that! They were tastefully written to. In a way that was still hot but, not vulgar.  I also liked how she was just a normal girl who was working a regular job while going to college. I also liked her father and how she was do so much to help him and the family business. You don’t see as much of that anymore. Her relationship with the guys leads to some dark crazy secrets! This book took numerous turns that I NEVER saw coming. I will admit I was blinded by “the twins” as I like to call them. But, none the less I was ensnared by this story and not able to stop reading it!

Now down to the man candy of this book. I call them “the twins” because I imagine it as that old football commercial with the twin girls but, with Cash and Nash!! You may not remember this reference but, it works here. Technically Nash has a girlfriend who happens to be Olivia's awful cousin Marissa. UGH! She is awful. Nash could do much better. Anyway, Cash and Nash are two hotty twins with different personality characteristics but, some things are similar. I liked them both for  different reasons. I kind of liked Cash better because, like Olivia, I’m a sucker for bad boys who ride motorcycles! By the end there was no doubt I was all CASH!!! You will have to make that decision for yourself ;) Two hot guys with different careers. Does Olivia want the safe guy with a great job (Nash) or the bad boy who runs a night club (Cash)??? Oh, Decisions decisions. 

Like I said before there are some super crazy turns during this book that left me like this: O_O Seriously. You will understand my obsession with Cash by the end of the book. Sorry no spoilers here!! I immediately tweeted the author to verify that there will be a book 2 and there will!! Woohoo! All readers will love this book (who are old enough)! M. Leighton fans will love it too! READ IT!!!


1 comment:

  1. Great review, I couldn't agree with you more for the most part! And "the twins" ....sigh, so hot! Loved this book. I haven't read up to you yet but it is my kindle line up, waiting and ready to be read!

    ReplyDelete