Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Can't-Wait Wednesday


Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here, at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine.

Title: The Wicked King
Author: Holly Black
Series Number: 2
Release Date: January 8, 2019

Goodreads Summary:
You must be strong enough to strike and strike and strike again without tiring.

The first lesson is to make yourself strong.

After the jaw-dropping revelation that Oak is the heir to Faerie, Jude must keep her younger brother safe. To do so, she has bound the wicked king, Cardan, to her, and made herself the power behind the throne. Navigating the constantly shifting political alliances of Faerie would be difficult enough if Cardan were easy to control. But he does everything in his power to humiliate and undermine her even as his fascination with her remains undiminished.


When it becomes all too clear that someone close to Jude means to betray her, threatening her own life and the lives of everyone she loves, Jude must uncover the traitor and fight her own complicated feelings for Cardan to maintain control as a mortal in a Faerie world.

My Thoughts:
I absolutely loved the first book in this series. It was by far one of my favorites of this year. The review is up and coming on my blog. I was absolutely devastated when I saw this one didn't come out until 2019!! Ugh, I do not like to wait and honestly I finished the first one months ago and it was almost a year wait! I need this book sooner rather then later.




2 comments:

  1. So cannot wait for this one either!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I am so with you here! I tried to get the ARC but to no avail. I even pre-ordered a special box due in January ...

    ReplyDelete