Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Personal Demons (Personal Demons #1) by Lisa Desrochers



Goodreads Summary:

Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a bit of a wicked streak. She has spent years keeping everyone at a distance---even her closest friends---and it seems as if her senior year is going to be more of the same . . . until Luc Cain enrolls in her class. No one knows where he came from, but Frannie can’t seem to stay away from him. 


What she doesn’t know is that Luc is on a mission. He’s been sent from Hell itself to claim Frannie’s soul. It should be easy---all he has to do is get her to sin, and Luc is as tempting as they come. Frannie doesn’t stand a chance. But he has to work fast, because if the infernals are after her, the celestials can’t be far behind. And sure enough, it’s not long before the angel Gabriel shows up, willing to do anything to keep Luc from getting what he came for. It isn’t long before they find themselves fighting for more than just Frannie’s soul.


But if Luc fails, there will be Hell to pay . . . for all of them.


My Review:
I would first off like to say that I LOVED this book! I read it a while back before I had a blog. I then won a giveaway on Lisa Desrocher's blog of a signed copy of Original Sin and decided to refresh my memory by re-reading this Personal Demons. And I would have to say that I loved it even more. I picked up on stuff I missed the first time because I read it so fast. Frannie is way more of a kick butt female character then I thought. She is so set in her ways and that is awesome! I felt kind of bad for her when she was drawn to both men in her life. I kind of felt like they may have been using their powers to get her close to them in order to tag her. More so with Gabe. So yea, I am rooting for Luc all the way! There is something about a bad boy that is just....hot! And he plays that role very well. 


Frannie's abilities kind of caught me off guard. When I first understood what her abilities were I was like hmm...ok, how is it so special. But, as the story continues and you see the extent of how her abilities affect Luc and everyone around her (even the higher ups) I was like... that's huge!! I now see why both teams are so antsy to tag her!


I can't wait to see where this goes. A lot of stuff took place and some crazy stuff happened at the end and I can't wait to read Original Sin!! I hope that Frannie and Luc stay together personally and I hope the cover isn't insinuating that her and Gabe get together. I will loose it!



1 comment:

  1. I had read before mixed reviews about this book (and this series), but now I read your review that said it is totally awesome... I am a little more curious about this book ^^ Will try to borrow from a friend to see what I think of it ^^

    ReplyDelete