Thursday, May 10, 2012

Endure (Need #4) by Carrie Jones

Goodreads Summary:
It’s all-out war (and no-holds-barred romance) in the climactic conclusion to Carrie Jones’s bestselling series.


Zara is at the center of an impending apocalypse. True, she’s successfully rescued Nick from Valhalla, but it simply isn’t enough. Evil pixies are ravaging Bedford, and they need much more than one great warrior; they need an army. Zara isn’t sure what her role is anymore. She’s not just fighting for her friends; she’s also a pixie queen. And to align her team of pixies with the humans she loves will be one of her greatest battles yet. Especially since she can’t even reconcile her growing feelings for her pixie king . . .


Unexpected turns, surprising revelations, and one utterly satisfying romantic finale make Endure a thrilling end to this series of bestsellers.


If you haven't read this series yet this review will probably have spoilers for you!


My Review:
I was sad to know that this was the last book in the series. However, I completely loved it! The story was an amazing conclusion to the Need series. The book starts with Zara and life post Valhalla and the Nick rescue. She is kind of heart broken throughout this book because Nick no longer feels the same about her because she is a Pixie. She is also conflicted because she is starting to realize her feelings for Astley. They are still at war with Frank's pixies, who are nasty by the way, and are trying to prevent the Apocalypse.


Zara and Astley are just cute together. I used to be a big Nick fan but, the last couple books I have switched teams and joined team Astley. He is such a caring loving person/pixie. I have no doubt he would be a great King. The poor guy still can't land but, I loved that about him! I was shocked during a couple altercations during this book. Particularly towards the end. I was like O_o. I was reading during my class because I had to know what was going to happen. My other favorite characters did their parts as well. Issie, Devyn, and Cassidy were all there. I really enjoyed these characters. They seemed to play a bigger role in this book. They were a very good support system for each other.


The war is coming in this book and not everyone will survive. If you haven't read these books yet you really should. The portrayal of pixies is awesome and by far my favorite. The ending was a perfect fit for the story.

2 comments:

  1. I have the first book in this series. I feel like I should really read it.
    Great review! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read all but this book in the series! I love this series....now I get to get on the ball and get this book...nice review!

    ReplyDelete