Sunday, March 9, 2014

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. It is hosted by Tynga's Reviews. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

Had a slower week this week :) Gives me time to catch up on everything!

Physical ARC's

Goodreads Summary:
Princess Marie-Victoria, heir to the Lily Throne, and Aelwyn Myrddn, bastard daughter of the Mage of England, grew up together. But who will rule, and who will serve? 

Quiet and gentle, Marie has never lived up to the ambitions of her mother, Queen Eleanor the Second, Supreme Ruler of the Franco-British Empire. With the help of her Head Merlin, Emrys, Eleanor has maintained her stranglehold on the world's only source of magic. She rules the most powerful empire the world has ever seen. 

But even with the aid of Emrys' magic, Eleanor's extended lifespan is nearing its end. The princess must marry and produce an heir or the Empire will be vulnerable to its greatest enemy, Prussia. The two kingdoms must unite to end the war, and the only solution is a match between Marie and Prince Leopold VII, heir to the Prussian throne. But Marie has always loved Gill, her childhood friend and soldier of the Queen's Guard. 

Together, Marie and Aelwyn, a powerful magician in her own right, come up with a plan. Aelwyn will take on Marie's face, allowing the princess to escape with Gill and live the quiet life she's always wanted. And Aelwyn will get what she's always dreamed of--the chance to rule. But the court intrigue and hunger for power in Lenoran England run deeper than anyone could imagine. In the end, there is only rule that matters in Eleanor's court: trust no one.

Purchased
Goodreads Summary:
As a general’s daughter in a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers, seventeen-year-old Kestrel has two choices: she can join the military or get married. But Kestrel has other intentions. 

One day, she is startled to find a kindred spirit in a young slave up for auction. Arin’s eyes seem to defy everything and everyone. Following her instinct, Kestrel buys him—with unexpected consequences. It’s not long before she has to hide her growing love for Arin. 

But he, too, has a secret, and Kestrel quickly learns that the price she paid for a fellow human is much higher than she ever could have imagined. 

Set in a richly imagined new world, The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski is a story of deadly games where everything is at stake, and the gamble is whether you will keep your head or lose your heart.

Goodreads Summary (Oooo cover love!!!):
"The fate of an entire people rests on my shoulders. I am heir to a dying throne, daughter of a dead city. I have made hard choices to get this far … ”

Mermaids have never been scarier …

The Feed is upon me and my destiny is laid out before me like a map. There are no detours, no hidden whirlpools that descend into the unknown. Everything I do must be carefully planned or else my choices could come crashing down around me. To change the hearts of my people, I must find the courage to surpass their expectations, to defy tradition and forge my own destiny.

This is it, my last chance at redemption

The Huntswomen, sirens of the sea, have one real purpose in life: on their sixteenth birthdays, they must travel ashore and find a human male, mate with him, and consume his flesh. Only then can they return to the sea and become the last bastion against the violet ocean, warriors for their weaker brethren, the fishtailed merighean.



Natalie is the heir to the throne of the last merighean city still standing, but there's something about the Feed that doesn't sit right with her. When she meets Seth, the man with the strange tattoos, she knows that she must forge her own destiny, even if it means breaking the rules and risking her mother's wrath. Because sometimes, to choose your own path, you must make hard choices.


7 comments:

  1. I hope to get my hands on The Ring and The Crown soon, and I may pick up Winner's Curse too. Not a big fan of romance though.
    I hope you enjoy these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a lot of buzz about "The Winners Curse", I hope you enjoy it!! The Ring & the crown sounds amazing.. I'm on the lookout for your review (:

    -Ini @ Ini's Ravishing Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Book Haul! The Ring & The Crown looks like a really intriguing read to me! I love the book cover for The Winner's Curse, and am really interested in checking it out! Thanks for sharing :) Happy Reading this week!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul. I love the cover of The Ring & the Crown and I've heard great things about The Winner's Curse, I look forward to reading that one! I've never heard of The Feed. I hope you enjoy them all :)

    Thanks for stopping by My StS.

    Ashton @ Morphys Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, you got The Winner's Curse! That is on my list too. Great haul this week, thanks for dropping by too :)

    ~Mogsy @ The BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these all sound really interesting. I'm dying to read The Winner's Curse, it sounds amazing and has gotten nothing but glowing reviews! Hope you enjoy. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so need to read the Winner's curse! Thanks for stopping by!

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete