Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Mitigation by Sawyer Bennett (18+ Review)

Goodreads Summary:
I’ve seen a new side to Matt Connover. He’s proven to me that there is something inside him other than icy control and masculine force.

I’ve seen care… tenderness… even protectiveness.

I’ve seen vulnerability.

But Matt Connover’s issues run deep. I know Cal hurt him deeply, and he keeps himself protected because of that. I also sense there is something more to his pain that even I cannot comprehend.

Matt is struggling between what he knows and what he wants.
I’m struggling with boundaries and how to protect my own fragile heart.


This time I’m drawing a line in the sand and Matt can either step over to join me, or these Legal Affairs are finished forever.

My Review:
A lot happens in Mitigation. After Mac’s mothers funeral she is anxious to get back to the sweet loving Matt for comfort and distraction. Unfortunately for Mac, Matt has flipped back into “this is just sex”, Matt. I felt like Mac had finally made headway with Matt. When he was with her at the hospital he was so perfect. He helped her get through an incredibly hard even in her life. I thought he was ready for a relationship. That he wouldn’t do that for someone he doesn’t have feelings for right? Ugh! I was wrong. I felt Mac get more confident in herself. She had the strength to call it quits and get her stuff together. Will Matt pull his head out of his butt? Will he realize how much Mac means to him and come running back?

I have concluded that Matt must be bipolar. He is hot and smexy at one point then cold and mean the next. I just wanted him to wake the heck up! Mac is awesome and DESERVES more! Cal is not my favorite but, at one point I wanted Mac to use him to make Matt jealous. Things are about change for both Matt and Mac. They are going to realize things about themselves that they didn’t know. 

I love this series! I can’t wait for the next volume. If you haven’t started it yet now is the time people!

No comments:

Post a Comment