Sunday, September 1, 2013

ARC Review of Stripped by H.M. Ward (18+ Review)

Goodreads Summary:
By New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling New Adult author H.M. Ward.

The V Card. Virgin. Most of us want to punch that sucker ASAP, and hide the fact until then, but not Cassie Hale. Three years ago she frickin' covered hers in glitter and laminated the thing, proudly telling me that she's waiting for the perfect guy. 


So when I see her half naked, tangled together, rolling around on the floor with another stripper, I'm kind of shocked. Okay, that's an understatement. I'm enthralled. I have to know what cracked her picture perfect world and landed her here, and I hope it's something horrible-an event that broke her the way she broke me. Because, that's who Cassie Hale is--the woman who stole my heart and crushed it in her hand.


My Review:
Move over Sean and Peter. Here comes Jon Ferro. Stripped is by far my favorite novel in the Ferro series. I fell for Jon quickly. His story is a little different then his brothers. Minus of course the scandal and family issues he caused. After Jon accidentally runs into Cassie at Pete's bachelor party, he is shocked to find her as a stripper! I was shocked too especially after we learn more about them. A majority of this book is a flashback to when Jon met Cassie. Their relationship was amazing. Jon was truly changed by Cassie. She changed him more then he thought possible. Cassie was a shy girl who didn't want to have sex before marriage. Jon is basically a man whore who slept around....a lot. Jon is sent to a family members house in the middle of no where to "learn a lesson" and keep him out of the press. The relationship between these two is filled with sexual tension! Cassie starts to have second thoughts about her beliefs regarding sex and so does Jon. Will Cassie be able to tame the wild beast? Could a relationship survive after Cassie does the unthinkable? 

I love that Sean and Pete were int his book. The Ferro family has quickly become one of my favorites. By the end of this one, Sydney and Avery are also there!! I am excited to see what happens with everyone in the same room! Unfortunately I will have to wait for the next book. We get a glimpse of the Ferros parents as well. Jon's Mom and Dad have a very weird relationship. I can kind of see why their kids are all a little screwed up. Also if you have read the Trystan Scott books, you will get to see him in Stripped. His scenes have made me super curious as to what the heck happened to him. Something big! I am dying for that next book too! I love how all of her stories are running into each other. All my favorite books are slowly becoming one story. 

Jon and Cassie are really perfect for each other. They both changed each other simply by being there. Their relationship is so cute. I just loved it. Even years later, after their lives have been destroyed, they are still drawn to each other. A lot has happened since they were teenagers in love. They are not the same people anymore but, the feelings are still there. Through the roller coaster of their adult lives they have found each other again. Will love bloom for these two or are they destined to be miserable forever?

I was so sad when the book ended. I read it in a day. There were a lot of unresolved issues by the end of the book. So I was super excited when there was a note saying that Stripped #2 will be out at the end of the year!!! Woohooo happy dance! Start these books people!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment