Tuesday, April 5, 2016

ARC Review of Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima

Goodreads Summary:
Adrian sul’Han, known as Ash, is a trained healer with a powerful gift of magic—and a thirst for revenge. Ash is forced into hiding after a series of murders throws the queendom into chaos. Now Ash is closer than he’s ever been to killing the man responsible, the cruel king of Arden. As a healer, can Ash use his powers not to save a life but to take it? 

Abandoned at birth, Jenna Bandelow was told that the mysterious magemark on the back of her neck would make her a target. But when the King’s Guard launches a relentless search for a girl with a mark like hers, Jenna assumes that it has more to do with her role as a saboteur than any birth-based curse. Though Jenna doesn’t know why she’s being hunted, she knows that she can’t get caught.

Eventually, Ash’s and Jenna’s paths will collide in Arden. Thrown together by chance and joined by their hatred of the king, they will come to rescue each other in ways they cannot yet imagine.


Set in the world of the acclaimed Seven Realms series a generation later, this is a thrilling story of dark magic, chilling threats, and two unforgettable characters walking a knife-sharp line between life and death. 

My Review:
I have never read anything from this author before. I am probably going to read the previous books now after finishing this one. I really fell into this world. After the first few chapters I was so into it I didn't want to put it down. I do feel like I missed out a little bit having not read the previous series but, I loved Ash and Jenna. They were great characters and written very well. This world has woven in magic, relationships and fantasy all in one. It was a wild ride. Will they survive their journey?

I really enjoyed Ash and Jenna. Their moments together were very interesting. There was a little big of romance in this book but, not a lot. I found myself distracted by the world and everything going on around them. Still they were very interesting characters. There were lots of other characters too that I enjoyed. Like I said I hadn't read the previous series so I am not sure if some from the other books made appearances.

This book was such a roller-coaster ride. So much going on all the time. So many different aspects of fantasy that I was simply soaking up every page. I could truly envision the world as I was reading. The last few chapters were intense. I am looking forward to the next book in the series. I obviously have some reading to do before then with the previous series! 


No comments:

Post a Comment