Saturday, January 14, 2012

Daimon (Conenant 0.5) by Jennifer Armentrout

Goodreads Summary:
For three years, Alexandria has lived among mortals—pretending to be like them and trying to forget the duty she'd been trained to fulfill as a child of a mortal and a demigod. At seventeen, she's pretty much accepted that she's a freak by mortal standards... and that she'll never be prepared for that duty.

According to her mother, that’s a good thing.

But as every descendant of the gods knows, Fate has a way of rearing her ugly head. A horrifying attack forces Alex to flee Miami and try to find her way back to the very place her mother had warned her she should never return—the Covenant. Every step that brings her closer to safety is one more step toward death… because she's being hunted by the very creatures she'd once trained to kill.

The daimons have found her.

My Review:
 I was thinking that this was going to be a long book but, it was really short. It was a very good back story to Half-blood. If you haven't read Half-Blood yet I would highly recommend you read this book first. It gives a very good back story to what is going on in Half-Blood.

I liked Alex instantly. She is a very strong female character which I love in books! Especially with all the tragedy that took place in this short story. Alex lost someone that she loved very much as was forced to grow up fast. There is quite a bit of action too as Alex has to fight for her life. There is help that finally comes to her aid and Alex is forced to go back to a place she swore she would never return to...The covenant. Which leads us to the next book in the series Half-Blood. I give this book 5 stars as a great lead in to Half-Blood!                                               

2 comments:

  1. When I started reading this book, I was hooked immediately. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this novella. It's short and I finished it in just a couple of hours. Trust me, it was an exciting and engaging read! I love Alex, she's strong and brave and she's a perfect kick-ass heroine for me. I can't wait to read more about her and her crush Aiden St. Delphi whom I've met in the sneak peek of Half-Blood (included in the book). I love the author's writing and everything about this book is just awesomeness! I can't believe I would love this book as much as I do now, knowing that it is just a prequel novella to the actual series. I am waaaay too excited to read Half-Blood and I hope you'll take the time to check out this book too. An intriguing and engaging plot blended with a kick-ass heroine that is ready to kick any daimon's butt is sure to give anyone a fun and enjoyable read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Half Blood. I am about 50% done with Pure and I hope I can finish it today!!

      Delete