Sunday, September 21, 2014

Seeress by Ednah Walters

Goodreads Summary:
I love Torin St. James...
I need his strength…
But someone from his past wants me dead.

Raine Cooper is certain of two things: her love for Torin St. James and her destiny to be a powerful seeress. But when she starts having premonitions, they are unclear and disturbing. Worse, they involve Torin. With her mother gone, her father dying, and her best friend in Hel, she is not sure who to talk to.

But when the visions become more personal and she foresees her future with Torin threatened by someone from his past, Raine becomes desperate for answers. Just her luck two new students arrive at her school and they seem to have answers. When with them, her powers are enhanced and her visions become clear. There is only one problem: Torin forbids Raine to see the two girls.


Can their love survive without trust?

My Review:
Life can get a little scary when you finally start having visions but, they are of others of your kind being killed. Especially when the person behind it looks an awful lot like the man you love. This is Raine's life now. She tries to live day to day as normal as possible with her Dad's illness slowly getting worse. she has a lot going on. Never really any time to herself. To make matters worse a lot of her support structure is gone. She has her Dad and Torin to lean on. What do you do when you begin to suspect the closest people around you? When trust is questioned who wins?

We get to see a lot of our favorite characters in Seeress. Of course Echo is on the top of my list and him and Torin working together was something I never thought I'd see. I am pretty much addicted to Cora and Echo's story now so I am glad they were frequently in Seeress. We also get to see Eirik too! Yay!! I was so worried about him...still am I guess. One of the people that really surprised me was Ingrid. She has changed a lot since her sisters death. I really like where her character is going and I would love a story for her and Andris!

Raine and Torin are so perfect for each other. This is very evident in this book. They have some pretty intense make out sessions but, decided to wait for anything beyond that. Which is driving me crazy! These two need to hook up already! Ok, now that's out of my system. Torin even is surprised by some of the new people introduced in this one. A person from his past he never thought he'd see again. Even through all this and questionable trust, Raine is still there for Torin and Torin for Raine. Even I was worried about Torin. He does some sneaky stuff and disappears a few times. I was like what is he doing!?! Will Raine be able to trust Torin again?

I love Norse mythology so this series is one of my favorites. I am always curious about these characters and where their stories lead. I am hopeing for an Ingrid and Andris get together and books, as well as one for Eirik! A girl can dream right? If you haven't read this series yet go get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment