Thursday, February 6, 2014

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Goodreads Summary:
Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath. Now she's returned-to her old life, her family, her boyfriend-before she's banished back to the underworld . . . this time forever. She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these precious months forgetting the Everneath and trying to reconnect with her boyfriend, Jack, the person most devastated by her disappearance-and the one person she loves more than anything. But there's just one problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who enticed her to the Everneath in the first place, has followed Nikki home. Cole wants to take over the throne in the underworld and is convinced Nikki is the key to making it happen. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back, this time as his queen.


As Nikki's time on the Surface draws to a close and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she is forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's queen.

My Review:
Everneath was a very original take on the Underworld and Persephone's story. I was instantly sucked in by Nikki's world. We start with her getting out of the Everneath after the Feed. Which took a century! I was a little confused in the beginning but, it all works out. Nikki has a hard decision to make. She only has six months to decide if she will go back with Cole and be his immortal queen or if she will go to the Tunnels and live a horrible life. She is also having a hard time seeing her loved ones and the love of her life Jack. Knowing that she is going to have to leave them again is tearing her up inside. It doesn't help that Cole is bugging her trying to make her feel things for him. In a world where myths are real and immortals exist, can Nikki survive? 

Cole is kind of the bad boy rocker who we all love and hate at the same time. I liked him throughout this book. I never really disliked him. I liked Jack more but, I still liked Cole. Even though what he did to Nikki was selfish. I hope he finds what he is looking for. There is a lot more going on with him them meets the eye I think. 

Jack is a great guy. He was broken after Nikki left. He never stopped loving her. It took a while for them to warm back up after Nikki got back. It wasn't just insta love. It was a beautiful thing to read about. They blossomed before us. They are perfect for each other. Willing to sacrifice their lives for each other. I liked how we got flash backs into their lives it helped answer a lot of question. It also made me feel bad for Nikki. I know she hurt a lot. 

I really enjoyed this book. The ending caught me off guard completely. I was sad. Nikki has been through a lot an there is only more to come I guess. I am excited to read the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment