Sunday, August 11, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #7

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. It is hosted by Tynga's Reviews. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Since In My Mailbox is on leave I had to find a new way to share my books! This is a combination of the last two week
O
Posts will be more sporatic in the coming months. A family member of mine was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer yesterday so I will be on and off for a while. 

Purchased
Goodreads Summary:

There comes a moment in everyone’s life when they must decide which road leads to personal happiness. For Dylan Silver, this is that moment…

For the past twenty-two-years, Dylan has been living in her parents' carefully crafted world, always putting her own dreams on hold to play the role of a dutiful daughter.


So when her best friend coaxes her into a winter getaway to a mountain cabin, she sees it as a chance to forget about the responsibilities waiting for her at home. At least for a little while.


But then her past catches up to her—in the form of sexy snowboarder, Sawyer Carter.


Six years ago, Dylan bid goodbye to the only boy she ever truly loved. Now he's standing right in front of her, bringing up bittersweet memories and igniting suppressed desires as he dares her to be the person she has always wanted to be.


Dylan and Sawyer’s unexpected meeting is a second chance, but will a girl who doesn't believe in fate and taking risks be able to overcome her fears of losing control and finally embrace the life she desperately wants?


Only one thing is certain: after a week in Whistler, Dylan's world will never be the same.



*Please note that this novel contains mature subject matter, including strong language and sexual situations that may not be suitable for all readers. Reader/buyer discretion is advised.*


Goodreads Summary: (I feel the need to point out that I got the hard cover of this one for $5.98 at B&N's bargain rack!)

In the darkest corners of the night in Caldwell, New York, a conflict like no other rages. Long divided as a terrifying battleground for the vampires and their enemies, the city is home to a band of brothers born to defend their race: the warrior vampires of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.


John Matthew has come a long way since he was found living among humans, his vampire nature unknown to himself and to those around him. After he was taken in by the Brotherhood, no one could guess what his true history was- or his true identity. Indeed, the fallen Brother Darius has returned, but with a different face and a very different destiny. As a vicious personal vendetta takes John into the heart of the war, he will need to call up on both who he is now and who he once was in order to face off against evil incarnate.


Xhex, a symphath assassin, has long steeled herself against the attraction between her and John Matthew. Having already lost one lover to madness, she will not allow the male of worth to fall prey to the darkness of her twisted life. When fate intervenes, however, the two discover that love, like destiny, is inevitable between soul mates.



Goodreads Summry:
Some things are permanent.

Indelible.


And they cannot be changed back.


Joy Malone learns this the night she sees a stranger with all-black eyes across a crowded room—right before the mystery boy tries to cut out her eye. Instead, the wound accidentally marks her as property of Indelible Ink, and this dangerous mistake thrusts Joy into an incomprehensible world—a world of monsters at the window, glowing girls on the doorstep, and a life that will never be the same.


Now, Joy must pretend to be Ink’s chosen one—his helper, his love, his something for the foreseeable future...and failure to be convincing means a painful death for them both. Swept into a world of monsters, illusion, immortal honor and revenge, Joy discovers that sometimes, there are no mistakes.


Somewhere between reality and myth lies…



THE TWIXT

Goodreads Summary:
Live young. Live hard. Love deep.

Charley Redford was just an ordinary girl until Jake Caplin moved to her small town in Indiana and convinced her she was extraordinary. Almost from day one Jake pulled Charley into the deep and promised he was right there with her. But when a tragic incident darkened Jake’s life he waded out into the shallows and left Charley behind.

Almost four years later Charley thinks she’s moved on. That is until she takes a study year abroad in Edinburgh and bumps into none other than Jake Caplin at a party with his new girlfriend. The bad-boy-turned-good attempts to convince Charley to forgive him, and as her best friend starts spending time with Jake’s, Charley calls a truce, only to find herself tumbling back into a friendship with him.

As they grow closer, the spark between them flares and begins playing havoc with their lives and relationships. When jealousy and longing rear their destructive heads, Charley and Jake struggle to come to grips with what they mean to one another.


And even if they work it out, there is no guarantee Charley will ever trust Jake to lead her back into the deep…

18 comments:

  1. Into the Deep looks really good. I haven't heard of the others at all.

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indelible sounds good, I need to give it a try!
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read Lover Mine recently and I must say it was a positive surprise. I was not a fan of John and Xhex prior to the book but I can stomach them better now.
    Here's my review.

    Enjoy all the reads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul!
    Jackie

    http://www.nobentspines.blogspot.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about your family member. *all the hugs*

    Nice haul this week. I enjoyed Indelible quite a bit.

    Thanks for stopping by @ The Book Hookup's StS!

    ♥ Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you and your family are okay! Look after yourself... :(

    I'm a new follower, and I am really jealous of Indelible, I've been wanting to read it for ages!

    Check Out My Haul
    INT Giveaway for Addicted to You by Alix Wenmouth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good haul this week. I hope you enjoy them!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for Silver Heart! I've heard so many awesome things about it! I can't wait to get a free minute and read it! I've also heard In Too Deep is awesome! Enjoy them all Brittany!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Silver Heart looks really good!

    Enjoy.

    Thanks for visiting My STS

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I really want to read Indelible! It sounds amazing. Enjoy your books, and thanks for stopping by my StS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought Indelible last week, haven't read it yet though- the joys of catch up. Hope you enjoy your books!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I just followed you on GFC. :)

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice new books...enjoy! Thanks for visiting and following my blog. I'm following back via bloglovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you've got some really good one this week! Happy reading! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog earlier!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  14. Silver Heart is AMAZING!! I'm so glad you picked it up! Enjoy all your new pretties and I'm sorry to hear about your news that isn't easy ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry about your sad news. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The model on the cover for Silver Heart is beautiful. Love those sexy alpha male BDB men. Great haul.

    Thanks for stopping by
    Mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

      Delete
  17. I really liked Indelible! The cover is just so pretty too, right? I hope you enjoy it as well as your other new reads. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete