Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Lullaby (Watersong #2) by Amanda Hocking

Goodreads Summary:
Don't miss the next chapter of Watersong, a bold new series that will enchant you, entrance you, and hold you captive under its spell.

Now that Gemma Fisher has inherited Penn, Lexi, and Thea's curse - and all the strange new powers that come along with it - she has no choice but to run away with them. Devastated that she has to leave everyone she loves behind, she's still determined not to give in to the unspeakable hungers that plague her. Unfortunately, they're growing stronger every day, and she's not sure how much longer she can resist.

Harper won't give up on finding her sister Gemma, vowing to get her back no matter what the cost. The search draws her closer to too-gorgeous-for-his-own-good Daniel, and tests her fiercely guarded independence like never before. She's always been the strong one who everyone else depends on.... Can she let herself depend on Daniel?


As Gemma and Harper plunge deeper into a magical world they barely understand, it becomes painfully clear that Gemma's old life may be lost forever. But can she still hold on to her humanity?

My Review:
I actually liked Lullaby more then Wake (Book #1). That is the second time this has happened this summer! We get to see what is going on with both Harper and Gemma again with both of their POV's in Lullaby. Gemma is off with the Siren's trying really hard to not be a Siren. Harper is back home trying to find a way to both figure out what Gemma is and saver her. This is harder then you'd think. She needs to figure out where Gemma is and what she is. She does figure it out eventually with the help of Alex and Daniel. Both guys are really helpful and a great support system for Harper. 

We get to know the Siren's better in this one. They all have distinct personalities. I still don't like Penn or Lexi but, Thea was tolerable. Gemma struggles with the idea of becoming a monster and tries very hard not to be but, its taking a tole on her mentally and physically. Will she be able to survive being a Siren? Will her hunger and Siren nature take control? Will Harper be able to save her sister? They guys back home are different too. They seem to be immune somehow to the Siren's. It will be very interesting to figure out why. 

I still love Daniel. I feel so bad for him because Harper is waaaay to into playing the mom. She feels like she has to much going on with Gemma to worry about having a boyfriend. Total crap if you ask me! I think she's nuts. However, towards the end she wakes up a bit. I have high hopes for those two. Alex is the knight on a white horse. He does whatever he can to try to save Gemma. Despite the myth that no man can love a Siren. Alex has true feelings for Gemma and it is very evident. I hope him and Gemma will have a chance.


I really enjoyed this book and I already purchased the next one! I have always been a big fan of Amanda Hocking and have high hopes for the next book!

1 comment:

  1. Oo perhaps I will read the sequel! I listened to Wake and enjoyed it enough. I just am horrible at keeping up with series, so perhaps I'll keep my eye out for this one now. :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete