Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Entice (The Violet Eden Chapters #2) by Jessica Shirvington

Goodreads Summary:

Violet Eden is Grigori - part angel, part human. Her destiny is to protect humans from the vengence of exiled angels.
Knowing who to trust is key but, when Grigori reinforcements arrive, it becomes clear everyone is hiding something. Even Lincoln. The only thing Violet does know: Phoenix's hold over her is more dangerous than ever.
The race to find the one thing that could tilt the balance of power brings them all to the sacred mountains of Jordan, where Violet's power will be pushed to the extreme. And the ultimate betrayal exposed.

Enticed is the second compelling book in The Violet Eden Chapters.




My Review:
First of all let me say that I purchased the hardcovers of these books because the covers are so awesome!! Anyway Entice picks up not to long after Embrace left off. Violet is still trying to deal with her new role and her Grigori side. Along with trying to deal with her emotions about Phoenix and Lincoln. Like many young girls her life is tormented by the men in it!!I felt like Violet grew a lot as a person during Entice. She was dealing with school, training, and the Lincoln situation. She never really got any emotional rest or actual rest for that matter. There were a few different plot twists going on. Lots of  things going on in the background and some serious backstabbing! I don't want to go into details because I don't want to give anything away. The group is on the hunt for scriptures. It leads them to a different country. That was a very exciting part! There is way more of everything in this book. More action and romance and new characters.

I still have a puppy love thing for Lincoln. He does pull some crappy stuff in this book that makes me want to smack him in the back of the head to wake him up! I shouldn't be surprised that guys are basically blind! Phoenix isn't around very much in this book. He's there scheming  in the background more so. I am not convinced that he doesn't care about Violet. The new characters are great! I love Zoe and her attitude. Salvatore is super cute. Spence really surprised me. He was awesome! His personality was great and I loved how he enjoyed breaking the rules to help Violet. I was glad to see Steph took a larger part in the Grigori stuff to. I just hope it doesn't get her hurt. Magda...what can I say about her...other then I despise her! I never really liked her. I hate how she tried to make Violet mad by hanging out with Lincoln. She reminded me of the mean girl in high school. Nyla and Rudyard make it very interesting for Violet and Lincoln! But, that's all I'm saying!!

Entice ends on quite the cliffhanger. I'm super excited for Emblaze! It should be very interesting. Especially where Violet and Lincoln are concerned.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like this book has a compelling set of characters. I haven't read the first yet, but I hope I can soon. Brilliant review! :)

    ReplyDelete