Sunday, October 28, 2012

Deity ARC by Jennifer Armentrout

Goodreads Summary:

"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "

Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden.

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed.

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...

My Review:
Deity...how can I describe it? First of all being spoiler free is very hard! So much happened but, I don't want to give away the whole story. So keep that in mind. Alex's world is about to change and in a huge way. Her 18th birthday is approaching quickly and she really doesn't know what to expect when she awakens. After the Catskills she is pretty much on lock down  With guards or Seth around her all the time. It's hard to live your life like that. There is also the issue of a special someone she learns about. Also Alex is still dealing with Caleb's death which is proving to be difficult. Especially when your friends are mad at you and you don't have anyone to talk to about it and Aiden is keeping a safe distance and for good reason. If she thought that grief was bad by the end of Deity it is way worse. Poseidon wrath is crazy. Yes, Poseidon! There are numerous Gods in Deity that we get to meet. My favorite was Apollo! Being a lover of all things Greek Mythology, I was in love with this book. The mythology fit in so well with the story it was simply amazing. A lot happens in the last few chapters of Deity. I mean A LOT! All I will say is that people can't be trusted, people will die, and Alex awakens.

Alex grows a lot in Deity. She is still the strong willed, act first think later girl. There is a lot going on for that poor girl. A new special someone is alive! Can't say who it is sorry! She is going to awaken soon and she knows that Seth is lying to her. She is worried about losing herself and those she loves when she awakens. I mean wow, that's a lot of stress for someone so young. When the Gods make there presence known things kind of go down hill from there. With Alex and Seth right in the middle of it.

Before Deity I was Team Seth. Now however, I am 110% Team Aiden! Aiden is amazing! He seems so quite and so in control. It was nice to see him finally crack and loose himself for a while. He is the seriously sweet. I want a duplicate of him here...with me...seriously. I'm not saying that I hate Seth. I still like Seth. I think there is still hope for that egotistical man child. I feel like I understand him a lot better now. We get to learn a lot more about both Seth and Aiden. By the end of Deity the love triangle is no more!! Alex picks one of them!! So will Fate win or Love???

Deity is the first book in the Covenant series that has me worried that there will not be a happy ending. In the last few paragraphs after Alex awakens I was like O_O .... O...M...G. The cliffhanger is huge! I don't know how I am going to wait for Apollyon to come out next April. Hopefully Elixir will be enough to keep me patient!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks so good! Love this series! Thanks for the insight without spoiling it. So exciting that you will know who Alex will choose in the end too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh it really is hard staying spoiler free. Thanks for the great review, it seems like Deity will be the great book everyone says it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't to buy this book this week I need more Seth and Aiden!! I can't wait to meet Apollo, one of my favorite Greek Gods too. Payday needs to come sooner!! XD Thanks for the honest review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so lucky you'd read this book and thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was Team Seth in Pure but now I'm on Team Aiden.

    ReplyDelete