Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bewitched (Dead and Beyond) (Ancient Legends #4) by Jayde Scott

This book is currently going through a title change. It may also have a different cover depending on when you purchase it. It may be Bewitched or Dead and Beyond. Just an FYI.


Goodreads Summary:
Amber Reed is a dead girl walking.

Having just been turned by her gorgeous vampire boyfriend, eighteen-year-old Amber Reed is bestowed with the ability to see ghosts. Between trying to figure out how to control her bloodlust and solving the mysterious disappearance of a friend, Amber realizes someone wants to step into her shoes so badly, they’ll do anything to take her place.

When one secret after another pops up, the only person who believes her is her enemy, Devon. Amber can’t figure out if he’s here to help or save his own immortal race from losing the ancient war against the vampires. What she does know, however, is that she can’t resist his good looks just as much as she can’t help becoming someone else…

In a world of dark magic and ancient enemies, three powerful courts fight for supremacy, and Amber might just be the pawn in winning this war forever. But how’s a girl to survive when everyone wants her dead?


My Review:
I read through the prolog and was of course interested right away. Then with chapter one I was like wait…It’s from AMBER’s point of view!!! It was like instant gratification! I have missed Amber and Aiden since A Job from Hell and was hoping we would be hearing more from them! I really wanted to know how she felt about being a vampire. I figured she was going to be pretty upset about it. We caught glimpses of Amber and Aiden throughout the other books in the series but, I have been waiting to get back to Amber and Aiden’s story. This book picks up not to long after Voodoo Kiss. Poor Amber is still learning how to deal with her necromancer abilities and it proves to be pretty hard on her. Hearing voices and seeing things that others don’t see is never a good thing. For anyone!

I was wondering throughout the whole book what could possibly be going on?!? In true Jayde Scott form she puts it together for you by the end. I felt kind of bad for Amber, I felt like she was left in the dark for a majority of the book by Aiden. And I really like Aiden so that was hard on me! I started to doubt Aiden a bit, the same as Amber. Especially when it came to Layla. I have a hard time with Aiden’s ex’s. There a tad on the crazy side.

I love the relationship between Aiden and Amber. It is so cute! I am glad to see that for once it can be true love without all the love triangles and questioning. What ghosts ask you to do does not count! I liked that Amber could see the bond too. Not sure why. I feel like they are going to be tested in the next book. Amber’s life appears to be in serious jeopardy…again.  I am glad that the fifth book will be out in June! Because I am going to have a hard time waiting for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment