Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Origin by Jennifer Armentrout

Goodreads Summary:
Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything. 

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? 


And will they even be together?

My Review:
I'm not going to lie. I was terrified to start this book because I knew big stuff would happen and I would have to wait for the next book. It stared at me next to my bed for days. I finally gave in to Daemon's stare. I couldn't put it down. I was instantly sucked back into Katy and Daemon's world. Katy was taken and Daemon trying to get her back. The book goes between Katy and Daemon's POV, which I loved! I loved getting into Daemon's head. Katy is in the Daedalus facility and being forced into doing some pretty terrible things. She is also being tortured in a way. Daedalus tries pretty hard to make Katy believe some interesting things about the Luxen and Daemon. She is drained from everything they make her do. While Daemon on the other hand willing gives into Daedalus to be with Katy again. I felt like it's no longer fun and games anymore. Serious events happen that will change everyone's lives. Nothing will ever be the same now.

Katy is kind of broken in this book. The emotional and physical things she has to go through are pretty exhausting. I have a feeling she will forever be changed now. She has to give up her life. But, Daemon and Katy will do anything for each other. Even if it means putting the human and Luxen race at risk. We also find out some interesting reproduction news! That's all I'm saying, make your own conclusions. We definitly get to see how strong Katy and Daemon's love for each other is. A whole new side to Daemon. They are perfect for each other. Their lives change, in both good and bad ways. 

Daemon is still the super hot, insanely powerful Luxen he was before. He will get to Katy no matter what happens. He will save her. Even if it means sacrificing himself. He goes to great lengths to get to her. He also is forced to do/see things that he should never have to. If you thought the Luxen were kind of scary, wait to you mean an Origin. I love Daemon he is a great character to read about. He is definetly the knight on a the white horse!

I am in love with this series. I can not wait for the next books. Sadly it will be a while before it's out. I love diving into this world that Armentrout has so graciously created for us. The end of this book is INSANE! So many things happen that I just....I have no words to describe it. I will be anxiously the next installment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment