Thursday, December 6, 2012

Opal by Jennifer Armentrout

Goodreads Summary:

No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.

I tried not to be spoilery in my review but, it was kind of hard so just an fyi.

My Review:
I can't believe what just happened...seriously. Opal was amazing! I am still kind of blown away, just an fyi. I have loved this series since Obsidian. Opal starts out not to long after Onyx. Katy has changed a lot and a lot has changed around her. Dee is furious with her about Adam. Which leaves Katy almost friendless. I don't count Daemon. Which I am also super happy about! Katy and Daemon are finally together!!! Eep! I know. It isn't a perfect relationship, Daemon is an overprotective butt sometimes. Although sometimes it is for good reason. With Dawson back the group starts trying to figure out how to get Beth back. Blake shows up with a way to do it, oh yea and a little blackmail! I hated him in Onyx. I hate him more now. He's just a creep. Anyway, the plan to get their loved ones back is put into place. This is where we learn about how awesome rare Opals are! However, do things go as planned??? I will never tell!

Daemon is still a yummy guy. We get to see a slightly sweeter side of him. His cocky jerk side does make an appearance very now and then. Turns out he's a pretty great alien guy. Him and Katy are so cute together. There is a lot more romantic action between them as well! I miss the old Dee. She is so heartbroken and upset. We see a side of her that I didn't think existed. I hope Blake dies a horrible painful death, preferably by Katy or Daemon. That is all I have to say about him. I liked Adam!

Opal ends on one heck of a cliffhanger. Like foot stomping, chest compressing, WTF kind of cliffhanger. Yea, I cried....I don't know if I will make it until July 2013 for Origin......seriously! This is an amazing series if you haven't read it yet then your nuts and you need to!! Now!

1 comment:

  1. OMG I want this so bad. Love this series. Still have to tranfer my Lux reviews to my Adult blog which now I mixing my YA and Adult there. I want to read this so bad but trying to be good and catch up on my netgally reviews from lacking since Thanksgiving. Great review.

    ReplyDelete