Sunday, November 11, 2012

Elixir by Jennifer Armentrout

Goodreads Summary:

Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex. 
Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for. 
Even if it means making war against the gods.

IF you haven't read Deity this review will contain spoilers for you!! Seriously! There is no way to do this review without being spoliery. So read at your own risk!



My Review:
I feel like I have to start this review by saying I would have gone mad waiting for Apollyon. This novella was much needed after the way Deity ended. I loved that it was from Aiden's POV! It was a nice glimpse into his head to see how he was feeling. I felt so bad for him throughout Elixir. To see the woman he loves in a state like Alex is in after the awakening. It was heart breaking. We learned a lot in this novella. There seems to be no way for Alex to block out Seth and when she does she is in a lot of pain. Aiden has a very tough decision to make. In order to keep Alex safe from Seth and to sever the bond there is only one choice....the elixir. Aiden hates himself for allowing it. Alex is a different person on the Elixir. Aiden struggles with this the whole time and is worried he has done the wrong thing. I have a feeling nothing will be the same when Alex finds out. If she finds out. If anyone can help Alex block out Seth some other way it's Aiden and he is willing to risk it all for her. Even risking pissing off the Gods. Elixir has kind of confirmed by bad feeling. That this series may not end well for Alex and Aiden. I hope that it does thought! After what they've been through I hope they get their happily ever after. 

3 comments:

  1. YES! Elixir is totally the balm needed to soothe the ache Deity left. DX

    I have the opposite feeling though. After reading this I felt that somehow Alex and Aiden's relationship would survive no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you felt that way! I would love to be wrong. Maybe there is still hope! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. I was on Team Seth before but after reading Elixir I am once again on Team Aiden. He is such a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete