Saturday, August 18, 2012

Onyx by Jennifer Armentrout

Goodreads Summary:
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

My Review:
I absolutely loved Obsidian (book 1) and I didn't know if it could be topped by the sequel or even matched. But, boy was I wrong!! Onyx was amazing. I stayed up late into the night to finish this one! I have missed these characters. So much happened in this book. New characters are introduced and we get to see a whole lot of everyone else too! I really liked how Katy wanted to do what she could to protect Daemon and herself. She was so sick of being a liability and I admire that. She proved that she could be an asset. Even if she kind of went about it the wrong way. Ok she really went about it the wrong way. Katy was a lot more stubborn about her and Daemon's relationship in this one too. She really had a lot to think about. A lot of crazy twists and turns take place in Onyx and not everyone will survive...

Daemon is as scrumptious as ever!! I feel like I saw a completely different side of Daemon in Onyx. He was...kind of....sweet. I liked him more and more as the book went on. He protects those he loves with such fierceness. It makes you want every guy to be like him haha. Jerk-ness and all! The end of chapter 32 had me yelling "WHAT!" at my Kindle. Daemon is for sure an alien. No human guy would ever do that...ever.

So again I say, if you haven't read the Lux series yet then you have to!! As soon as possible! Opal needs to come like yesterday. With the way Onyx ended I can't wait to see what happens next. It left my eyes bulging out of my head. So all in all this was an amazing book and I recommend it to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! I just got my copy <3 Awesome review and I am even more excited now to pick it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just started this series 3 days ago and I've finished Onyx yesterday and now on chapter 2 of Opal! I agree with you this's such a great book. I don't really read YA paranormal romance anymore since 3 years ago actually. Maybe college tiring me out so I tend to pick book that light to read in spare time.
    This book brought me back to the time when i was really into fantasy genre. And now i'm started back to read this genre. I love Jennifer writing style. The characters were solid and so the build-up plots would suck you into the story. I don't regret spending my time reading this book! I kinda wish someone will interested to adapt this into tv franchises XD

    ReplyDelete