Saturday, May 30, 2015

ARC Review of Storm Siren by Mary Weber

Goodreads Summary:
"I thrust my hand toward the sky as my voice begs the Elemental inside me to waken and rise. But it's no use. The curse I've spent my entire life abhorring—the thing I trained so hard to control—no longer exists."

Nym has saved Faelen only to discover that Draewulf stole everything she valued. Now he’s destroyed her Elemental storm-summoning ability as well.

When Nym sneaks off with a host of delegates to Bron, Lord Myles offers her the chance for a new kind of power and the whispered hope that it may do more than simply defeat the monster she loathes. But the secrets the Bron people have kept concealed, along with the horrors Draewulf has developed, may require more than simply harnessing a darker ability.

They may require who she is.

Set against the stark metallic backdrop of the Bron kingdom, Nym is faced with the chance to change the future.

Or was that Draewulf’s plan for her all along?

My Review:
Storm Siren starts of with a bang. Nym is back but, she has been deceived. Draewulf has not been killed as everyone thought he had. He has taken the form of another and Nym is painfully aware of who he is. The worst part is she is now powerless. He has destroyed her powers. Now she must try to figure out what Draewulf's plan is before he kills them all. This book did move a little slower then the previous book but, after the cliffhanger of book one I need to read it! How will she do this without her powers? Is she now alone in this fight?

Nym finds herself relying on someone. Rasha. These two must work together to keep their country safe. Nym shows fierce loyalty in Storm Siren. She goes above and beyond to keep everyone safe yet again. Nym shows intense determination to accomplish what she must. I really liked the character development for Nym and Rasha during this book. You see a whole new side to them and it was awesome. 

The romance in this one was minimal. I would have liked that to be a little different for obvious reasons once you read it. I don't want to give anything away though! I have high hopes for Eogan and Nym!! I have no idea how it will turn out but, I will have to wait for the next book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment