Saturday, February 11, 2012

Anew (The Archers of Avalon, #1) read ebook Anew (The Archers of Avalon #1) by Chelsea Fine

Goodreads Summary:
Two years ago, Scarlet awoke in the forest alone, afraid, and unable to remember anything. Lost and confused, her life was a mystery...until she met a boy with a familiar voice.
Gabriel Archer has a voice from her past, and Scarlet's determined to remember why. She immerses herself in his life only to discover he has a brother he's kept hidden from her: Tristan Archer.
Upon meeting Tristan, Scarlet's world becomes even more muddled. While she's instinctively drawn to Gabriel, she's impossibly drawn to Tristan--and confused out of her mind. As she tries to piece together her history Scarlet realizes her past...might just be the death of her.

Review may contain slight spoilers!



My Review:
I had never heard of this book before and I was just browsing around on Goodreads and came across it. This was a unique book with a very interesting take on love triangles. I usually am very iffy about stories with love triangles because I find them annoying at times unless you do it right. And this one was done very right. I had a hard time putting it down because I had to know what was going on and why things were happening the way they did. I have a whole new appreciation for doodling :) You will understand when you read this book.

Scarlet is a very fun character to read about. I didn't find her annoying at all. She was not the whiny type. Even though she couldn't remember her life she didn't really dwell on it as much as I thought she would. She came off as normal and just living life. I really felt like I could relate to her. She wasn't a real girly girl and neither am I. And her best friend always trying to make her dress better and be more of a girl was entertaining. I agree that kissing festivals are interesting and I think more towns should take part :)

Now to the boys! I liked Gabriel a lot at first he was my favorite. But, by the end of the book Tristan became my leading mad. He broke my heart. I felt terrible for him. What he must go through on a day to day basis, in pain like that. (I won't tell you why though sorry). I wish the best for him. I guess everyone loves a bad boy. 

I can't wait to see what happens in the next book due out this summer. I hope Scarlet learns more about her past and I am very curious to see what happened in her last life! The ending is a pretty big cliffhanger so waiting will be difficult. All in all a very fun read that keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next. And a very interesting, fresh take on love triangles. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment