Sunday, August 4, 2013

ARC Review of The Solitude of Passion

Goodreads Summary:
When old love and new love collide an impossibility is born.

When Lee Townsend’s husband leaves on a community outreach to China, the last thing she expects is for him to never come back—for him to have tragically met his demise.

Lee goes on to marry his adversary and settles into life and business with him, merging her vineyard with his and creating a worldwide conglomerate.

Five years later a twist of fate brings the past back to her and forces Lee to make a decision that will change the landscape of her life forever. 

Secrets emerge, forcing relationships to be examined—magnifying the surprising true underpinnings of her marriage to both Mitch and Max. 

Lee’s heart is unwilling to surrender her love for either Mitch or Max.
She must choose to carry forward with the past or present. 

Lee has a choice to make.
Mitch can’t figure out how to win.
Max never loses.

Worlds collide in THE SOLITUDE OF PASSION

My Review:
I feel like I have to start this review by saying that I do not like love triangles. Most of the time I really don't like them. So I kind of set myself up with this one. The story was very well written and had some serious shock value. Lee has had a rough life. Her husband Mitch "died" when he went on a work trip to China. She was also pregnant at the time. She then has to try to get her life together and get ready to be a single mom. Thank goodness she had family and Max to help her through it. She ends up marrying Max and they have a child together. Then Lee's world turns upside down yet again. Mitch comes back from the dead and is still head over heals for Lee. What Mitch isn't prepared for is that Lee is married to his enemy, Max, and has more then one child. Oh and Lee merged his business with Max's. Lee is forced into a life where she is technically married to two men, both of which she loves. Who will she decide to spend her life with? How can she get through this without hurting one of them? How will this affect her family?

I liked Lee when she was with Mitch and Max separately. Before Mitch came back from China. She was also a great Mom. She was a great wife when she was married to them separately. When she was stuck between them I felt like she did a lot of questionable things. I understand that she was in an awful situation and loved both men but, having sex isn't always the answer. It's not going to fix things. I just wanted to shake her and tell her to kick them both out until she figured things out! I understand that she loved them both but, she was only hurting herself and the guys. Both of them were really insensitive about the whole thing. They hated each other and made it very clear. They kept pulling Lee in different directions. She was vulnerable and loved them both so I felt like the guys were totally in it for themselves. Again, I don't like love triangles so this one was really hard for me. 

I'm not sure why I liked Max more then Mitch, I just did. I felt like he was a great man and was there for Lee when she needed him. I think Mitch gave a valiant effort to get Lee back but, should have thought about the kids more rather then himself. The thing that I hated the most about Lee was that she used her relationship with one of the guys to get when she wanted. For example, when Mitch wanted to go back to China she "chose him" to try to get him to stay. She did that a few other times too and I didn't like it at all. I felt like that was the easy way out. I did feel bad for Lee, this is the worst possible situation any woman can be in. I can't even imagine it. I have no idea what I would do if it were me. Probably the same thing. She was a mess of confusion a lot. I'm glad that she went to therapy. That is something they needed. It is to hard to figure this kind of thing out without help. Lee's heart was in the right place and so were the guys. It's an impossible situation. The kind that changes your life forever. It's something nobody can possible plan or prepare for. 

The ending was interesting. I didn't see that coming at all. I thought things were going to get crazy. Hudson was such an idiot. Max was truly a good brother to him and Hudson didn't really deserve it. Anyway, I did cry at the end. I felt like that was the easy way to resolve the whole mess though. I do understand why it worked with the story though. 

I did enjoy this book. It was well written. I love this author and she has written some amazing books. This one just wan't my favorites. Mostly because of my personal preference when it comes to books. I still plan on reading anything else she writes because she is that good of a writer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment