Thursday, May 9, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday #3



What its all about!
Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me. 

RULES
1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
(Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
2. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
3. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn't have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
4. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers. If you're new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Question this Week
Happy Mother's Day! Who is your favorite mom from fiction?

This is a hard question. I find I don't focus to much on Mom's in books. Is that bad?? I would have to say my favorite would have to be Lily from Harry Potter. You really don't get to know much about her but, she gave her life for her son which I think any mother would do. Otherwise it would be Jocelyn from Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series. She does a good job of trying to protect her daughter.


Since all the talk about GFC going away feel free to follow via GFC but also via Bloglovin or Linky that way I don't lose you!! Thanks!

15 comments:

  1. She was one of my answers too. :D Now following you via both GFC and Bloglovin'. Happy Friday!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. good pick :)
    Old follower.
    Check out My FF
    :D

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. Lily made the ultimate sacrifice. I wish we could have known her more.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lily did sacrifice her life for Harry, but we didn't really get to know her. She would have made an amazing Mom, but she was ripped away from Harry too soon.

    Rie @ Mission to Read

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! So true, Lily does seem amazing from the way she is described in the books - and Jocelyn, too. Also, I think both of them should be way more present in the books (I know Lily is dead, but still...). I always wanted to get to know more about them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi just hopping through. Great answer. Ive seen a lot of Mrs Weasley on this hop as well :0)

    New follower on all your networks inc G+

    Linsey @ mybooksnthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a hard time remembering Mothers as well, but there are some stand out ones. When you remember them you definitely remember them, if you know what I mean LOL

    Great answer regarding Lily Potter, that's absolutely unconditional love for a child.

    My Follow Friday

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just hopping through! I haven't read Mortal Instruments yet, but it's on my short list! I'm a new follower.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower.
    Lily is a great mom!
    ~Summer
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stopping by to say Hi! And that you have a new follower here! Hope to see you follow mine as well!

    Amber

    http://paradiseofpages.blogspot.com/2013/05/feature-and-follow-friday-favorite.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. It took me a little bit to think back on the moms from the books I've read. I also chose someone from Harry Potter - Mrs. Weasley. Although I love Lily, too. LIke you said, she gave her life protecting Harry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT answer!!!
    New GFC Follower
    ashleynemer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved your answer!New follower! :)

    Here's my F&F:http://livinginabookworld.blogspot.gr/2013/05/feature-follow-24.html

    and my giveaway:http://livinginabookworld.blogspot.gr/2013/05/birthday-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete