Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #39

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly post put on by Dani at the Pen to Paper blog. Where you post a book you really really want to read or one that has been on your wishlist! If you've seen my to-read list on Goodreads then you know there are plenty that I could use. So I decided to use this feature every Wednesday.





Title: The Storyteller
Author: Jodi Picoult
Release Date: February 26, 2013
Series Number: 1

Goodreads Summary:

Sage Singer befriends an old man who's particularly beloved in her community. Josef Weber is everyone's favorite retired teacher and Little League coach. They strike up a friendship at the bakery where Sage works. One day he asks Sage for a favor: to kill him. Shocked, Sage refuses…and then he confesses his darkest secret - he deserves to die, because he was a Nazi SS guard. Complicating the matter? Sage's grandmother is a Holocaust survivor.

What do you do when evil lives next door? Can someone who's committed a truly heinous act ever atone for it with subsequent good behavior? Should you offer forgiveness to someone if you aren't the party who was wronged? And most of all - if Sage even considers his request - is it murder, or justice?

My Thoughts:
I love most Jodi Picoult's books. Not all of them but, most of them. This one sounds really interesting and I can't wait to read it. Her books are written so well and with such emotion. I absolutely loved 19 Minutes it was amazing. So I am looking forward to this one!

10 comments:

  1. I've really wanted to check out this author for the longest times! :) This ones sounds amazing.

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already have my request in at the library for this one! Like you, I love most (but not all) of this author's books, and I think the plot of this one sounds terrific. I hope you get it soon!

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your WW this week. I'm not sure it's my kind of thing but I hope you enjoy it if you get it :)

    my WW
    Shona

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of Jodi Picoult's books but I think this one is interesting.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Followed you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have seen the new Picoult going around a lot the last weeks. Hope you get to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love JP books - this one is on my wishlist too -hope you get it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Her books seem to be very popular, I have to get one and see for myself. Hope you get the book soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard such good things about Jodi Picoult but have yet to read any of her work. Hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not my kind of thing, but I hope you get it soon and enjoy it!

    Thanks for stopping by my WW :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just picked up my first Jodi Picoult book, Between the Lines, the one she wrote with her daughter. I'm so excited to read it. The Storyteller looks really good, I hope you get it soon!
    Thanks for visiting my WW!

    ReplyDelete