Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pure (Covenant #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Goodreads Summary:
There is need. And then there is Fate...

Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.

When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.

When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.

If you haven't read any of these books or have not read Pure yet, my review may contain spoliers!! FYI! 

My Review:
Wow. All I can say is WOW!!!! This book was absolutely amazing. Jennifer Armentrout succeeded in blowing me away yet again. This book was a great follow up to Half Blood. I really like Alex. She is an amazing female character. She grew even more in this book and had to deal with some tough stuff. She sticks up for herself and the half-bloods when it could get her in serious trouble. I was found myself laughing at times and crying at other times throughout Alex's roller coaster of a life.The Furies were also a very interesting twist! I won't say why, happy reading :)

I have something else to confess…..I am now team Seth. Yes, I know, crazy right? There are a lot of reasons that Aiden and Alex can’t be together. A lot of them have to do with society and the breed laws. I hope that those get changed. I felt so bad for all the half-bloods throughout Pure. They do not get treated well. And I loathe the Minister!!!! Ugh, such a dud. Enough said about the Minister. Back to Seth, I felt that he was really there for Alex, like he actually cared. I have grown fond of Seth .There "connection" proves to be very interesting.

I have a feeling there is more going on under the surface of Seth and I think huge changes are coming. I am also very curious to see what happens when Alex turns 18. Deity should be interesting!! I can’t wait for it! Especially since there is part of chapter 1 of Deity at the end of Pure!! Great job Jennifer Armentrout! Keep them coming!

1 comment:

  1. I thought "The Iron Knight" toyed with my emotions. Yeah. "Pure"? Let's just say I went from wanting to cry, to wanting to throw my ARC across the room, to smiling (both Aidan and Seth have their moments). But even though I wanted to smack a few characters - especially a certain boy - I absolutely loved "Pure".

    With sequels, it's usually either hit or miss. Will the author deliver another fantastic story? Or will they fall short? This is one of those sequels that manages to hit every right note - in fact, as soon as I finished, I was more than ready to re-read the entire book. It really was that good.

    ReplyDelete