Saturday, August 22, 2015

ARC Review of Deceptions by Kelley Armstrong

Goodreads Summary:
Olivia Taylor Jones's life has exploded. She's discovered she is not only adopted, but her real parents are convicted serial killers. Fleeing the media frenzy, she took refuge in the oddly secluded town of Cainsville. She has since solved the town's mysteries and finds herself not only the target of its secretive elders but also her stalker ex-fiancé.


Visions continue to haunt her: particularly a little blond girl in a green sundress who insists she has an important message for Olivia, one that may help her balance the light and darkness within herself. Death stalks both Olivia and the two men most important to her, as she desperately searches to understand whether ancient scripts are dictating the triangle that connects them. Will darkness prevail, or does Olivia have the power to prevent a tragic fate?


(Apparently the first time I posted this review it didn't go live so lets try again.)
My Review:
I am in love with this series, seriously. First of all I have to say, we finally get the whole vision!! I mean the bits and pieces thing was killing me. I needed to know what it all meant! I mean that little girl is super cryptic and mostly I was just left as confused as Olivia. The pieces slowly started to fall together and make sense. And let me tell you , it is crazy! I didn't see that coming at all. I mean two tribes of Fae hating each other is one of my favorite story lines. The whole thing with the visions was genius, I just wish they happened faster! I found that a lot of Deceptions felt like a filler with some crazy twists. Olivia finally learns the truth about her parents and the murders but, not without bumps along the way. People will die and finally seeing the whole vision does not make things easier. In fact it makes Olivia's life more complicated. At least it all makes more sense now. Who will Olivia choose? Are her choices really her choices or are they more set in stone then she thinks? 

I really like Ricky. He is a fun and dangerous guy. Let's face it, him and Olivia make a pretty good couple. They get along and have amazing sex. Their relationship continues to grow in Deceptions. They are definitely together more. The feelings are strong. So strong that Olivia fills him in on the whole Fae thing and her visions. It takes a lot of trust for her to do that. She couldn't tell just anyone. 

What was my favorite part you ask? That would be how much Ricky and Olivia's relationship bothers Gabriel!! Yes, I am still on Gabriel's team. Even though he is very emotionally stunted.  Even through this one I was hoping they would find their way to each other. I think they are close but, Ricky is still winning. Gabriel needs to open up and confess his feelings. He drove me crazy!! I have feelings for her but, I won't show them, got really old. He came so close but, something always stopped him. I see things changing between them and I am so excited about it! I have no idea if the visions will help them now that they know what it all means. It puts a lot of weight on Olivia to make her choice. In the end I don't know who it will be and I love that.

As much as I hate love triangles this one isn't to bad. I have read worse. I really enjoy Armstrong's writing and this series requires more patience then others by her to get the whole story. Three books later and I feel we are a lot closer. I know there are more books planned for the series and I can't wait to see how it plays out! 

1 comment:

  1. poor thing, 2 bad news in a day ... i am not that liking love triangles, but i guess it does have its charm

    ReplyDelete