Thursday, December 12, 2013

Lightpoints by Peter Kassan

Goodreads Summary:
What if you suddenly discovered you had a sense-and powers-that almost no one else in the world did? When Amanda Lindner Nichols, a 24-year-old graphic artist living with her husband in Queens, New York, is revived from a near-death experience, she discovers she perceives everyone around her as points of light-but not with her eyes. She soon learns she can not only perceive the life energy of others, but she can give and take it. With the help of others like her, she brings her husband Chris to the brink of death and back to bestow on him the same remarkable faculty, and they're the happiest they've been. But not for long. All over the world, people who've been revived from their own near-death experience at just the right moment discover themselves with these same unusual powers. They find ways to use them-some for good and some for evil. When Amanda and Chris encounter a ruthless group of gangsters with the same faculty, tragedy follows-and Amanda faces the greatest challenge of her life.

My Review:
We get to meet quite a few characters in this book. It mostly focus's on Amanda and her husband Chris I have always been fascinated by near-death experiences. Working in healthcare I have heard a few of these stories myself. So I was instantly drawn to this book. After a near-death experience herself, Amanda, starts to realize that she has an interesting gift. She can sense if you will, peoples light or their life energy. She soon learns she can give it and take it. As you can imagine, this gift could be used for good and evil. Amanda soon learns that she is not alone in this. Other people also have this gift. Unfortunately for Amanda and Chris things take a turn for the dangerous. Can they survive this? Will they be able to live with their gifts?

I thought Amanda and Chris were a pretty average couple. Not perfect but, they worked. After Amanda realized her gift there was a bit of disconnect with them. The support group was a good idea. After such a traumatic experience I don't blame her for seeking help. I mean getting stabbed and nearly dying is enough to make anyone lose it. It is at this group that she meets others who also see these "lightpoints". She also learns of others who use this power for evil things. 

Betrayal, murder, and secrets. Lightpoints will take you on a mysterious and action packed ride. I found it very fresh and new with what is out there. I was on the edge of my seat for a good portion of it. Like I said this kind of thing interests me just because of the experiences that I have heard of. This was a fun and fast read and I would definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment