Monday, November 25, 2013

The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead

Goodreads Summary:
In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her. . . .

But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure—and re-education—looms larger than ever.


Pulses will race throughout this thrilling fourth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where no secret is safe.

My Review:
Sydney has grown a lot since Bloodlines. She is starting to get over her Alchemist lifestyle. She is friends with them now and even a lover with one. She still struggles with things but, is able to logically think things through without jumping to hate. I was so proud of her in this one! She is working hard to create a tattoo that will help keep Alchemists who need "re-education" become immune to the process. Specifically the re-inking. She is so smart it's scary sometimes. I can't imagine someone more dangerous. Someone who is smart, logical, and kind of a witch now. I would want her on my team that's for sure. It's not easy to replicate the tattoo but, Sydney thinks she can. Her and Adrian's relationship heats up a lot too. It is so dangerous for both of them given the taboo of their relationship. They have been through a lot and have gone to great lengths to hide their relationship. Will they be able to continue their relationship? Is it bound to end tragically? They can't hide forever. 

We didn't get to see as much from Eddie or Jill int his one but, I was ok with that. I still love them as characters. I did not like Sydney's sister. I find it funny that Sydney was the brainwashed one. I was like umm Zoe listen to what your saying. I believe you have it backwards. Those Alchemists have it coming! Or at least I hope they do. What a bunch of butts. I wanted to take Zoe by the shoulders and just shake her! I don't know how she could do what she did honestly. 

I loved that this one was in both Adrian and Sydney's POV. It was awesome to finally see what was going on inside Adrian's head. He really does care for Sydney and vise versa. They are kind of a perfect combination. Even when Adrian see's Rose, Sydney is all that is on his mind. Things for them were going great. So great in fact that some serious romance happens. I mean seriously hot stuff. They would go to the ends of the Earth for each other. 

The end of this one is a big giant CLIFFHANGER! UGH! Now I have to wait until July of 2014 for the next one!! OMG! That is a long time after that kind of ending. Just kills me. I have a feeling it will be worth it I just am not very patient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment