Spare Time Book Blog was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award!! Woohoo!
My blog was nominated by The Avid Reader: The Magick of Book's Blog! I would like to say THANK YOU!!! This whole thing is new to me and I am excited to take part in it! So, what exactly is it you ask well the Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less then 200 followers and Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
There are a few rules to this award and they are as follows:1. Each person must post 10 facts about themselves
2. Answer 10 questions the tagger has given you and give 10 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
3. Choose 10 people and link them in your post.
4. Tell them you’ve tagged them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
10 Random Facts about me!
1. I am a nurse!
2. I am afraid of the dark and when I read books that have to do with ghosts (and other scary things) I have to read them during the day because I get scared at night haha!
3. I love nail polish. I change mine every week. I like to use fun new stuff and crazy colors.
4. Other then my husband, my Kindle is probably my best friend.
5. I'm addicted to Pinterest.
6. I secretly enjoy playing Call of Duty even though I am terrible at it.
7. I could live on Goldfish crackers and potatoes!
8. I am not a big fan of the summer. I love the winter...probably because I grew up in Northern Minnesota. I would take snow over heat any day!
9. I love hockey! I am sooo not coordinated enough to play myself but, I enjoy watching it and cheering like a crazy person.
10. I collect Snoopy's! Stuffed ones, decorative once, and Christmas ornaments! I know, I'm a total nerd but, I love them!
10 Blogs I tagged:
2. Book Travels
3. Deity Island
7. Lisa's Loft
8. Tattle Tale
It took me quite some time to find these blogs and some of them are very close to the 200 mark!! If you already got the award and I missed it just let me know!! I'm on twitter as b_ls
Answers to Avid Readers 10 questions:
1. How long have you been a blogger?I have been blogging since January 2012!!
2. What is your favorite book or series?
Wow, this is a hard question. I have so many favorites! Right now my favorite series would have to be M. Leightons Madly series.
3. Who is your favorite writer?
Again with the hard questions...I have many Jennifer Armentrout, M. Leighton, Samantha Young, Richelle Mead, HM Ward just to name a few. At this very moment I would have to say M. Leighton. I am on Madly overload haha!
4. If you were in an apocalypse what fictional character would you hope had survived with you? Someone who you think could help you survive. Now don't pick someone just because their hot.
My first thought was Thor...then I was like well its mostly because he's hot haha. So I would have to say Derek from the Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong. He is a fierce young werewolf who would lay his life down on the line for someone. He is also good to have in a fight or if something is coming after us haha!
5. Do you have any pets?
Sadly I do not :( I have always wanted a puppy...a fat fluffy one to be exact.
6. If you were stranded on a desert island. What is the one book that you would want to have with you?
If it was soon that I was stuck on said island it would be Onyx by Jennifer Armentrout..I need to know what happens haha!
7. How old were you when you first started reading?
Wow...probably the first Harry Potter book when I was 13.
8. What is your favorite mythical creature? You know like a vampire, a witch, a werewolf etc...
Vampire. It was the Twilight series that really got me going on that genre of books. Since that one I have enjoyed the Black Dagger Brotherhood too :)
9. What is your favorite genre(s)?
I would say YA, Romance, Paranormal Romance. It depends on the day haha.
10. Is blogging every thing you thought it would be when you first started blogging?
Yes, I was worried I would feel bad if I didn't have a lot of followers but, it has been a great way to get my thoughts about books out there! The authors have been really great. Its kind of my only hobby...next to reading of course.
My 10 Questions for you!
1. What was the first book you read to get you interested in reading?
2. If you could go anywhere on the planet where you go?
3. Which book of 2012 are you most looking forward to?
4. How long have you been blogging?
5. If you could have a relationship with any fiction character who would it be?
6. Do you have any other hobbies other then reading and blogging?
7. What is your hidden talent?
8. If you could have any book earlier then the release date which would it be?
9. What is your favorite genre(s)?
10. Twilight fan yes or no?