Friday, June 22, 2012

Bane (Vampire Apocalypse #1) by H.M. Ward

Goodreads Summary:
The world as we know it is gone. The ice caps have melted and shifted south, devastating the northern territories and eradicating major cities such as New York and London, which are now under water and frozen.


Humans died off during an epidemic prior to the ice disaster, and many more died during the floods at the start of this new ice age. These events have forced vampires out of hiding. In order to ensure that their food source wouldn't completely die off, the vampires have sequestered the remaining humans into farms and taken control of all that remains of civilization. Over time, the humans breeding on these farms became anemic. Their blood no longer sustains the master race.


But not all of the humans were captured and sent to the farms. Some of the humans evaded the hunters, hiding in safe houses across the frozen tundra. As decades passed, the free humans disappeared, died, or were captured, until all that remains is one.


Kahli is the last wild human. BANE is her story.


My Review:
Bane kind of took me by surprise. It was completely different from any kind of vampire story I have ever read. The whole concept of the apocalypse is awesome then you throw in vampires and it makes it an even more amazing story. Kahli is probably one of my favorite female characters. She's strong and independent and can definitely survive on her own. She has a will to survive like no one I have ever read about. The concept of the Bane was really unique too. I would love to learn more about them!


Will is a very interesting character. He has a lot of secrets that young man. I am really curious to see what is going to happen with him. I have a few theories but, this book was unpredictable so I could be completely wrong! I also really enjoyed Cassie. She was a high spirited person and it was nice in such a dark place for humans.


This was probably one of my favorite books of this year so far. It was unique and I really liked that. It kept me on the edge of my seat and also left enough secrets to make the next book a MUST READ! So many questions left unanswered. Waiting to see what will happen next will be hard for me! So pick this one up people it looks like a very promising start to a new series!

No comments:

Post a Comment