Monday, April 30, 2012

Madly & Wolfhardt (Madly #1-2) by M. Leighton


Goodreads Summary: 

Madly is your average nearly-eighteen year old girl—for a mermaid princess, that is.


Madly James is thoroughly enjoying her internship on dry land in Slumber when the unthinkable happens—there’s a prison break in Atlas, Madly’s home beneath the sea. A traitor has set free eight Lore, the spirits of what humans know as fairy tales, and they are making their way to Slumber to awaken their descendants.


The first spirit to arrive is that of Ulrich Wolfhardt, a man that was once obsessed with wolves and a young maiden he would follow through the woods. After a bite from a wolf, Wolfhardt’s obsession with the girl became an unnatural hunger and the young maiden’s grandmother cursed him with a fate worse than death. And now he’s back…with a vengeance and a bite that can infect others as well.


Madly must learn the identity of Wolfhardt’s descendant and stop him before he kills again and spreads his curse across the earth. But the only person strong enough to help Madly is Jackson, the Sentinel who vowed to protect her and the one person capable of breaking her heart. Can Madly resist forbidden love long enough to save the world from Wolfhardt? Or will she have to sacrifice her heart and her destiny to save the ones she loves?


My Review:
This was the first book that I have read that had to do with Mermaids. Needless to say this book made me love mermaids!! I was sucked into Madly's world right away. By page 21 I couldn't put the book down. I read it in about a day and a half (stupid work made it take longer). It had so many concepts that were so interesting. The pearls, the Lore, Sentinals, and mermaids in general. It was a whirlwind of awesome. I had to know what was going to happen next!!


Madly is a very likable female character. She is a strong person who has to make some tough decisions for her people. She also has some great friends. I wish I had friends that were like that. So loyal and willing to do what they need to do to help or protect her. Aiden and Jersey are awesome characters. Aiden is fiercely loyal, especially when I didn't expect it! Jersey is the awesome best friend who can make you laugh when your heart is aching. 


Jackson....oh Jackson. What is there to say about a super hot buff merman? It is refreshing to see a truly sweet love story without teenage anguish. It was such a beautiful love story. Madly struggled with duty and doing the appropriate thing and true love. I can't tell you which way she went you will have to read the book! Which I highly recommend you do!!! Seriously! Now! I can't wait for book 3 I hope it comes out soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment