Saturday, March 25, 2017

Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon

Goodreads Summary:
My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.





My Review:
I picked this one up after I saw the movie trailer. Not going to lie, I hadn't heard of it before then. I was intriged with the movie trailer and thought I'd better read the book first. I am glad I did. Everything Everything was a fun and fast read. It was very well written. You could really feel how hard it was for Madeline to never leave the house. I can't imagine that, especially for a teenager. The best way to describe this book is cute. Madeline and Olly were soooo cute. They way he courted her was perfect. They basically fell for each other with minimal contact which is a not normal. Will Olly and Madeline ever have a normal relationship or will her disease make it impossible?

I really enjoyed Olly. He didn't have a normal life either. Not quite like Madeline's but, he had his own demons to deal with too. He managed to be much more grown up then he should have to be. I think he was perfect for Madeline. A lot happened for a teenager who couldn't leave her house. Their relationship was adorable!

I really liked Clara too. She is Madeline's nurse and I felt she added a lot to the story. Her views on Madeline's illness and he way she helped her when things got bad was amazing. I like to think it was more then just because she was a nurse. She cared for Madeline as if she was her own child and that is hard to find.

I really enjoyed this book. It was a quick fun read and I would recommend it to anyone. I would have liked a little more elaboration on the end. Like ok now what happens?!?! Alas there was no more and my mind is left to wonder. 

1 comment: