Sunday, June 26, 2016

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. It is hosted by Tynga's Reviews. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

e-ARC's

Goodreads Summary:
In New York City, an underground society of supernatural beings exists, hidden among everyday humans. They don’t know of our activities or any of our secrets.

The districts of the Works are made up of vampires, wolves, shifters, witches, and I’m in the fifth and arguably most important district, the Patchwork. My father is the leader of our group, and he oversees all of the other factions.

As his only daughter, that makes me the princess of it all. Cool, right? Actually…no.
Sure, I live in a mansion and money isn’t an object, but that doesn’t matter because I can’t leave. I have a guard who follows me around 24/7. My father and three older brothers treat me like I’m a fragile piece of glass, never allowed to take an independent step or make any decisions on my own.
It’s beyond frustrating—especially since my father essentially runs my life.
He says what I do, when I do it, how I do it, and all that jazz. He tests his formulas and new techniques on me. I’m a walking science experiment.
I hate it.
I hate my life here.

But then he comes along: Killian.
He’s just some vampire…or so I thought.

But you’ll have to read my story to find out what I mean. To know my secrets.
Until then, though, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Rebecca von Stein.
And I’m a descendant of Dr. Frankenstein.


Welcome to the Works.

Purchased

Goodreads Summary:
From the USA TODAY Bestselling series Vampire Girl, comes the next book in the saga: MIDNIGHT STAR

I was an ordinary girl, living an ordinary life, until I sold my soul to save my mother. Now, I am forced to choose between my heart and my conscience.

Either way, someone I love will die.









Goodreads Summary:
Serafina, daughter of Isabella, Queen of Miromara, has been raised with the expectation - and burden - that she will someday become ruler of the oldest civilization of the merfolk. On the eve of the Dokimí ceremony, which will determine if she is worthy of the crown, Sera is haunted by a strange dream that foretells the return of an ancient evil. But her nightmare is forgotten the next day as she diligently practices her songspell; eagerly anticipates a reunion with her best friend, Neela; and anxiously worries about Mahdi, the crown prince of Matali, and whether his feelings toward her and their future betrothal have changed. Most of all, she worries about not living up to her mother's hopes.


The Dokimí proceeds, a dazzling display of majesty and might, until a shocking turn of events interrupts it: an assassin's arrow wounds Isabella. The realm falls into chaos, and Serafina's darkest premonitions are confirmed. Now she and Neela must embark on a quest to find the assassin's master and prevent a war between the mer nations. Their search will lead them to other mermaid heriones scattered across the six seas. Together they will form an unbreakable bond of sisterhood as they uncover a conspiracy that threatens their world's very existence.

Goodreads Summary:
Everyone is searching for Mason.

Zeus sent Hermes, and the Oracles have used their magic, with no success. A sparkle of hope arises when Eris, the goddess of Chaos, sends an invitation to her wedding engagement party. She’s holding Mason hostage, and Skylar and her friends only need permission to enter Eris’s world to rescue him.

At the party, Eris gives them one condition: In exchange for Mason, they must travel to the Land of Reverse and bring back the bottle of gold water King Midas used to wash himself free of his gift. Further chaos follows when Eris not only sets up a hunt in the Labyrinth of Crete, but makes a bargain with the Titans she rescued.


The Titans possess power more than anyone anticipated, and Cronus is hungry for revenge after his own children locked him up in Tartarus. No one is safe. Not even the humans.

Goodreads Summary:
It's been five years. Is he still the boy I fell in love with, or are the rumors true? After all, everyone knows rock stars don't date nice girls. Rock stars use nice girls. 

~

His back was to me, tall with long black hair falling over his shoulders. He signed autographs and took selfies. I wanted to shout and get his attention. I didn’t even know his name.

He turned around. I saw his face up close for the first time. Time stopped. My limbs trembled, going weak. I was seeing a ghost. A ghost of the boy I'd grown up with. The boy I'd fallen in love with. The boy I'd long thought dead.

Then dark eyes met mine as Ren spoke my name and I fell for him all over again.

Now he says he wants me in his life. I want to believe him, but five years is a long time. Ren's changed. I've changed. He refuses to speak about the past. He won't tell me why he ran off and disappeared. Is he still the boy I fell in love with? Or are the rumors true?

After all, everyone knows rock stars don't date nice girls.

Rock stars use nice girls.


Feral Touch is a sexy rockstar romance. It is the third novel in the Feral Silence series, but can be read as a standalone with a HEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment