Monday, February 18, 2013

The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead

Goodreads Summary:

In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.


Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, the Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood.

My Review:
I have to start out by saying that I LOVE Adrian and Sydney. Ok, now that I got that out of my system, The Indigo Spell was amazing!! I was worried about this series but, it has turned out so much better then I could have expected. Sydney struggles with a lot of big issues during this book. Her ever growing feelings for Adrian and her suspicions about the Alchemist's have her very conflicted. We do find out who Marcus is and what his little group is all about. She also learns a lot more about magic. Which actually turns out to be a dangerous thing. There is a bad witch in town and Sydney's life is in danger. She is pulled in so many different directions with her responsibilities that I have no idea how she managed it all.  Sydney grows so much into her own person. She really takes the bull by the horns in this one. She transforms into her own person who isn't controlled. It's great! Empowering even!

Adrian is still the super/amazing/super sexy vampire. The way he dealt with his "relationship" with Sydney was awesome. Its kind of like he was tempting her. He really made her question who she was and what she believed in. It was great. I loved his little dream hopping parts. They were great. They are seriously perfect for each other. I'm not sure that Sydney will really understand that. Especially given the new twist at the end. I'm not sure they will be able to be together. Jill and Eddie aren't in this one as much but, they are still there and great characters. Jill really has grown to care about Sydney. 

The new person who shows up at the end will completely change things. I am so terrified that it will ruin Adrian and Sydney. I have high hopes for them. I also think that Sydney will learn more about the Alchemist's. There is a lot going on there that she doesn't know. I think they are bad personally. I guess we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment