Thursday, March 28, 2013

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Goodreads Summary:

Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.





My Review:
You know those books that you finish and think about it for days after because it was so awesome? This is one of those books. I liked this series better then The Mortal Instruments. I am going to try to do this as spoiler free as possible but, it will be very challenging.

I loved the time period and the way the characters talked.I just loved it! It was so well written and the flow was perfect. The battle scenes were really good too. Tessa, Will, and Jem's stories were not the only ones that were interesting. Sophia, Charlotte  Henry, Gideon, Gabriel and Cecily's stories were all good. There was never a dull moment, always something going on in the background. The love triangle is resolved and in the most beautiful romantic way. I felt so many emotions while reading. I laughed, was happy, sad. I cried at least four times! 

Tessa is still engaged to Jem and she does truly love him. At the same time she loves Will. Her heart is divided. When Jem becomes even more dangerously ill and his life is on the line things start to change. Jem doesn't have much time and Mortmain has purchased all available Yin Fen. This leads to many things. Mortmain wants Tessa in exchange for Yin Fen to save Jem but, Will won't let her go. She is willing but, Will and Jem both forbid it. After Mortmain makes a direct attack on the Institute there is an even bigger change. Jem is worse and Tessa is gone. Everyone is in a bad place and worried. Charlotte is in danger of being relieved of her position and they figured out where Mortmain is hiding. I don't wan to say to much about how the book ended because it is insane!

Clare does an amazing job writing about Jem and Will's bond. It is done in such a beautiful way. I found myself in tears when they talked sometimes. It was simply amazing. There bond is so strong! Like I said the love triangle is resolved. Not in a way that I ever saw coming. Tessa goes through heartache, grief, death, love, and so much more. Her relationship with both Will and Jem was beautiful. I never liked love triangles but, this one works and it the best one I have ever read about. One way to say it is Tessa loses Jem but, has Will. Probably not in the way your thinking. I loved them both and so the ending was bitter sweet. The epilogue was awesome! I am so glad it was in the book. Since Tessa is immortal I was curious what was going to happen when those she loved so dearly passed away. Like I said, bitter sweet ending. 

This is by far one of my favorite series. I am sad to see this series end but, I loved the way it did. If you like The Moral Instruments you must read this one!! It is so amazing and written so well! READ IT! 100 stars!

1 comment:

  1. Will and Jem's bond is my favorite part of the trilogy! I sobbed at parts of this book because of it. I also loved that the love triangle was so unique. (I usually hate them, so it was a nice change.)

    ReplyDelete