Saturday, September 29, 2012

Uncontrollable (The Nature of Grace #2) by S.R. Johannes

Goodreads Summary:

As Grace recovers from tragedy, her science class is chosen by Agent Sweeney at the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service to help with research on the new "Red Wolf Reintroduction Program".

While she’s excited about helping with the conservation of the endangered wolves, Grace knows this means being outdoors in the worst winter recorded, in a place she no longer feels comfortable. It also means working closely with Wyn (her ex) and his annoying girlfriend (Skyler), a girl whose idea of getting close to nature is picking silk plants and growing fake plants.

After a couple of wolves show up dead, Grace almost quits. However, when a fellow project team member goes missing, Grace continues the assignment under a renewed suspicion that someone might be sabotaging the conservation program. She quietly begins to hunt for clues.

Little does she know, she is being hunted too.

My Review:
I was lucky enough to receive a review copy of Uncontrollable by the author. After the way Untraceable ended I was excited to get to read Uncontrollable. First lets take a minute and show some cover love! The covers for this series are awesome!! Ok now back to the review. S. R. Johannes has such a great way of writing. She has a way of making you question all the characters. Like anyone of them could be involved in the problem. I must be terrible at predicting who is doing what because I was way off here. This has been happening a lot lately, I must be losing my mojo. The story about the red wolves and why they are dying mysteriously after being released into the wild is just as riveting as the story of the bears. It takes Grace and a group of her friends on a dangerous "field trip", if you will, to try to document the wolves. This happens to take place during a particularly bad winter with dangerous conditions. There are injuries and even deaths. I felt so bad for Grace throughout the story because I feel like she can never catch a break! She is having a string of bad luck and continues to loose people close to her. She felt so alone. There was one aspect of the story that I was right about however it would be a huge spoiler and therefore I will not be telling you. Sorry you will have to read it!

Lets talk about the other characters. Wyn got on my nerves a lot. The way him and Skyla flaunted their relationship in Grace's face. It was just mean how they blamed Grace for their families deaths and such. Never once did they stop and think about how much Grace lost on that day as well. The whole town for that matter blamed Grace for everything and it was just crap! Let's blame the teenager for what the corrupt adults did. I thought the whole Al twist was brilliant! Now that he's back in the picture Grace's life is still on the line which is scary considering what happened to her in Uncontrollable. I would say that there is still a little bright light for her however through all this and that is what will help her get through the obstacles yet to come!

I can't wait to see what happens in book 3. I have a feeling Al will be out for revenge. And the object of that revenge is Grace. Once again in book 3 her life will be on the line. I hope she will make it through!


No comments:

Post a Comment